Last modified at 2020-09-06 17:08:38 +0000
It’s been a hectic few weeks, to say the very least.
I haven’t written anywhere near as much as I’d hoped over the past month, but I’ve been productive in a number of other ways, including (and especially) updating this site. Beyond this, initial setup of my new computer has taken up the majority of my time – transplanting three years of keybindings was surprisingly more of an undertaking than I initially thought.
While it’s not perfect, the new blog possesses a number of improvements I’ve been looking for – allowing me to quickly update content on my non-blog pages, having in-line code, and allowing easy hyperlinking throughout.
I’ve only read a tiny amount recently, mostly focusing on furthering myself as a senior engineer. I’ve found that the Google Design Doc has been incredibly helpful for this – having the ability to present documentation to communicate expectations, constraints, and overall timelines has been useful.
As mentioned, I’ve spent most of my time recently setting up my computer. I highly recommend checking out Uses for details on the setup. I inherited many aspects of the setup from Nikita, who has an absolutely superb breakdown of various components of his setup.